by Charlie Turner
Thanks for stopping by OnPitRow.com and the Bench Racing with Steve and Charlie blog. The best NASCAR and IndyCar news and opinion, exclusive pictures and video. I'm Charlie Turner. Follow me on Twitter @onpitrowFebruary 9, 2010 3:58 pm UTC 1 Comment
NASCAR has a pretty full slate this week what with the Gatorade Duels on Thursday, Danica Patrick’s first Nationwide Series practice Wednesday and then the full slate of NASCAR touring series kickoffs this weekend at Daytona. Racing season is here – woo hoo!
OnPitRow.com is kicking things off too, with our own version of Speedweeks.
- First off is today’s live broadcast of On Pit Row with guests Michael McDowell, Lee Spencer, Brad Smith, fantasy guru Ryan Rantz and, we hope, James Finch.
- Registration is open for the 2010 One and Done free NASCAR fantasy game. Sign up here. It’s fun and there are great prizes again this year.
- Once again, there will be a ton of great info for you fantasy racing fans. Stay updated with the latest from oue fantasy racing experts. Subscribe to the On Pit Row Newsletter here.
- On Pit Row fantasy feature writer Eric McClung has set up an On Pit Row group at ESPN.com and an On Pit Row Yahoo NASCAR Group for those of you who want to play those games with Eric, Ryan Rantz and other fantasy experts. Come on, sign up.
- Finally, Jon Rodgers, another of our On Pit Row fantasy experts, has set up On Pit Row group at NASCAR.com. They have four new fantasy games over there for community members.
- Before you make a pick in 2010, get a copy of the Fantasy Racing Cheat Sheet from One Bad Wheel. Terrific breakdown of the upcoming season.
Let’s go racing!
Photo credit: OnPitRow.com
by Charlie Turner
Thanks for stopping by OnPitRow.com and the Bench Racing with Steve and Charlie blog. The best NASCAR and IndyCar news and opinion, exclusive pictures and video. I'm Charlie Turner. Follow me on Twitter @onpitrowApril 25, 2009 11:56 am UTC 1 Comment
I’m an ARCA RE/MAX Series fan. Have probably always been one, but 2008 made it a permanent affliction when Steve and I were able to be part of some of the race broadcasts and host the INSIDE ARCA radio show.
But that ARCA RE/MAX 250 at Talladega Superspeedway yesterday wasn’t a very good show. I’m happy for race winner Justin Lofton, who has been a frequent ON PIT ROW guest. But that’s two straight races on the biggest tracks in the series, that have been pretty goofy. Needs to get better guys.
Sunday will undoubtedly be a different story as the Sprint Cup Series spends a few hours running three and four wide and keeps most fans on the edge of their seats.
Speaking of Sundays – last Sunday will be known by me as One Bad Sunday from now on. I checked my email in the morning and was greeted by the announcement that the best NASCAR fantasy racing site on the net was closing up shop. One Bad Wheel was one of the websites for which I had genuine “site envy”. On Pit Row helped to sponsor the Champs, Chumps and Sleepers game at OBW last year and it’s founder Darren is a friend and has helped me alot over the past three years.
OnPitRow.com is going to continue a few of the popular features from OBW. One of the most popular – the NASCAR Fantasy Experts Picks – will be a weekly feature here. Stay tuned for more announcements.
Our own Mindy Monday has a brand new Monday Morning Crew Chief video up. Mindy apparently isn’t impressed with NASCAR probation, but old geezer racers may be a different story. Watch Mindy’s latest video here.
Photo credit: Round card girl Jen by BethAnne Heisler for OnPitRow.com