by Charlie Turner
Thanks for stopping by OnPitRow.com and the Bench Racing with Steve and Charlie blog. The best NASCAR and IndyCar news and opinion, exclusive pictures and video. I'm Charlie Turner. Follow me on Twitter @onpitrowJune 20, 2013 3:33 am UTC
NASCAR’s Loop Data are statistics generated from electronic scoring loops embedded around each track hosting races in NASCAR’s three national series – the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NASCAR Nationwide Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series.
Here are explanations of some of the different categories.
- Driver Rating – A Formula combining the following categories: Win, Finish, Top-15, Average Running Position while on Lead Lap, Average Speed Under Green, Fastest Lap, Led Most Laps, Lead-Lap Finish. Maximum Score: 150 points per race.
- Number of Fastest Laps – How many times a driver had the fastest lap of all drivers
- Green Passes – Green flag passes for position
- Green Times Passed – Number of times passed under a green flag
- Passing Differential – Total passes minus number of times passed under a green flag
- Quality Passes - Number of times passing a car running in the Top 15 while under a green flag